ATC Grant Award
In October of 2019, The Blue Ridge Conservation Alliance (BRCA) was graciously awarded a grant through the Wild East Action Fund to support the Appalachian Trail (AT) collaboration and conservation initiative. We are very excited about the support for the Appalachian Trail Conservancy, both through funding and participation in the Alliance, and we look forward to using them to advance conservation of the wild, scenic and culture wonders of the AT. and the Wild East.
BRCA is using these funds to:
- In 2018, the Steering Committee met monthly to reengage BRCA, reflect on the past and update operations to be applicable to today.
- Now, the ATC grant will help BRCA get to the next level. In partnership with the NPS River, Trails and Conservation Assistance Program, BRCA will get input from partners, agencies and the community to craft a strategic plan to enhance collaboration and conservation.
Increase communications and collaboration
- BRCA will continue to host quarterly meetings that educate on important topics and give partners the opportunity to hear from one another.
- A monthly e-news will highlights partners, issues, events, learning opportunities and other relevant reading. If you’re interested in getting you’re work out, please click here for details.
- The annual meeting will bring the most partners together, with speakers, networking and discussions geared towards challenges, opportunities and action items organizations can take.
- Outreach to communities in ATC Trail Communities throughout the Blue Ridge – focusing on the AT, conservation and stewardship.