Changing Landscapes Initiative
The Changing Landscapes Initiative is a Smithsonian-led program bridging the gap between scientists and communities. CLI scientists work alongside community members to evaluate the impacts of land use change on wildlife, ecosystem services and community health. Its mission is to combine research with community wisdom to help secure a vibrant and healthy future for people and wildlife.
Healthy functioning ecosystems are essential to human life. They provide fresh water, food, a stable climate, resilience to flood and disease, and beautiful landscapes to explore. CLI scientists investigate how changes in land use could impact ecosystems and the services they provide to humanity, both now and in the future.
- Learn more about us
No results found.
- Appalachian Trail Conservancy
- Blue Ridge Watershed Coalition
- Changing Landscapes Initiative
- Friends of the Blue Ridge Mountains
- Friends of the Shenandoah River
- Land Trust of the Eastern Panhandle
- Land Trust of Virginia
- Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy
- Piedmont Environmental Council
- Potomac Appalachian Trail Club
- The Downstream Project
- Virginia Working Landscapes