Zoning Ordinance Rewrite
Loudoun County has changed a lot since the current 1993 zoning ordinance was approved, and staff needs to hear feedback from residents to ensure a balanced zoning ordinance will match the current vision of Loudoun County.
The completion of the 2019 Comprehensive Plan was the first step initiating a major update with the Zoning Ordinance Rewrite, which is nearing its final stages in 2022 . As with the Comprehensive Plan process, Loudoun Wildlife is collaborating with nonprofit partners of the Loudoun County Preservation and Conservation Coalition to provide public input throughout this process, but it is vital that members of the public also submit comments and feedback.
As of October 2022, The Planning Commission is holding work sessions to review the latest draft text of the Zoning Ordinance Rewrite. Once the Planning Commission has completed their work, the Zoning Ordinance will be forwarded to a Board of Supervisors public hearing and subsequent business meeting for action; this is currently tentatively scheduled for late January/early February.
Upcoming public comment periods:
- Planning Commission public hearing has been tentatively scheduled for January 24, 2023.
- Board of Supervisors public hearing, TBD late January/early February
Contact your County Supervisor and his/her staff to speak up for zoning regulations that protect the environment. Tell your story: what impacts to habitat and the environment have you seen in your neighborhood? What concerns do you have for Loudoun’s future?
For more information on the Zoning Ordinance Rewrite:
- Visit Loudoun Coalition’s Zoning Committee webpage. Here you will find more detailed information on this process, including in-depth input and analysis from members of the Loudoun Coalition.
- View Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy’s recommendations for revisions to the most current draft text.
- Go to https://www.loudoun.gov/zoningordinancerewrite to stay up-to-date on the Rewrite process, and find out when the next draft text is released.
The post Zoning Ordinance Rewrite appeared first on Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy.