Blue Ridge Conservation Alliance will host Smithsonian Conservation Biology Institute’s Landscape Ecologist Iara Lacher and Director of Communications Carlyle Howard for a discussion about SCBI’s Changing Landscape Initiative. Learn about their findings for our region, opportunities to collaborate with their work, and the resources they have to offer to BRCA partner organizations.
Date: September 27, 2019 (Friday)
Location: Cool Spring Campus
The Changing Landscapes Initiative (CLI) is a Smithsonian-led initiative working to understand the impacts of land use change in order to protect wildlife and natural resources that sustain human health and well-being. CLI bridges the gap between scientists and communities by working closely with regional stakeholders to produce relevant, objective science. CLI provides this useful information to local leaders to help prioritize conservation efforts, support strategic zoning and planning policies, and garner support for conservation of natural resources.
Please RSVP below!
- Appalachian Trail Conservancy
- Blue Ridge Watershed Coalition
- Changing Landscapes Initiative
- Friends of the Blue Ridge Mountains
- Goose Creek Association
- Friends of the Shenandoah River
- Land Trust of the Eastern Panhandle
- Land Trust of Virginia
- Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy
- Piedmont Environmental Council
- Potomac Appalachian Trail Club
- The Downstream Project
- Virginia Working Landscapes